Strategy-2030 was created by citizens with the assistance of leading international experts in economy and strategy planning.
Strategy-2030 defines the future of our city for the next 15 years.
Strategy is the complex document, which contains justification of developmental scenario of St. Petersburg and description of priorities of a long-term development of the city on the basis of priorities of the Russian Federation. It also defines mission and purposes’ systems of economic and social development of St. Petersburg for the period till 2030.
PRIORITY FUNCTIONS OF ST. PETERSBURG:
- a multifunctional city, providing comfortable conditions and high quality of life,
- the leader of the Baltic Sea region,
- an outpost of the Arctic exploration,
- the centre of culture, science, education, tourism, and high-tech industry.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE STRATEGY:
Ensuring the stable improvement of the quality of life in the city and an increase of the global competitive position of St. Petersburg by achieving the national development priorities, ensuring a sustained economic growth, and using the results of innovation and techonology development.
4 STRATEGIC AREAS AIMED AT ACHIEVING THE GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE STRATEGY:
- Development of the Human Capital
- Urban Environment quality improvement
- Sustainable economic growth
- Ensuring the effective control and development of the civil society
The implementation mechanism of the Strategy involves the monitoring of its performance, which allows us to control the achievement of the planned results during the social and economic development of St. Petersburg, based on a omprehensive assessment of targets and benchmarks of the Strategy and state programmes in St. Petersburg.
Combining the efforts of government, businesses, and society will allow St. Petersburg to succeed in the implementation of Strategy 2030 and become a fully global city with a comfortable habitat.