The programme was developed by the Government of St. Petersburg in accordance with the recommendations of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and the order of the Chairman of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev on 27 January 2015 number 98-p.
The programme has been drafted and approved to ensure sustainable economic development and social stability during the most unfavourable foreign economic and political situation.
The programme builds on proposals of the academic community, the leading enterprises of the city, the small business, the executive authorities of St. Petersburg and organizations from the fields of housing and communal services and construction
The key actions include:
- supporting import substitution and the export of a wide range of non-resources, including high-tech products;
- assisting the development of small and medium-sized businesses by reducing their financial and administrative expenditures;
- creating conditions for attracting working capital and investment at affordable costs to the most important sectors;
- optimising budget expenses by pinpointing and reducing ineffective spending, concentrating resources in the priority development areas and honouring public commitments;
- stabilising the banking system and creating a financial restructuring mechanism for strategic companies.