Committee is established for the development and implementation of state policy of St. Petersburg, coordination of executive authorities of St. Petersburg in the field of analysis and forecasting of socio-economic development of St. Petersburg, state planning, development and implementation of socio-economic policy in St. Petersburg
The Committee is an authorized executive authority of Saint Petersburg in the following spheres:
- strategic planning of socio-economic development of St. Petersburg;
- priorities of socio-economic and spatial development of St. Petersburg;
- the economic policy of St. Petersburg;
- implementation of the strategy of sustainable socio-economic development of St. Petersburg;
- analysis, forecasting and state planning socio-economic development of St. Petersburg;
- methodical maintenance of formation and realization of state programs;
- increasing the efficiency budget spending of St. Petersburg;
- increasing the efficiency of the organizations financed from the budget of St. Petersburg.
Committee for Economic Policy and Strategic Planning of St. Petersburg has been established to pursue the economic policy of St. Petersburg that aimed at achieving the strategic objectives and priorities of social and economic development of the city by focusing on ways to maximize the using of recourse capabilities and capacities of St. Petersburg.